Monday, November 12, 2012

"Lies from the pit of hell" guy won.

Rep. Paul Broun (R-Georgia) is seen in the video below proclaiming evolution, embryology, and the big bang “lies straight from the pit of Hell." AND, he just won reelection in Georgia's 10th congressional district (recently gerrymandered, I might add).

His reelection was not gained without scorn in the national media. As several major news agencies reported over 4,000 of his constituents wrote in "Charles Darwin" on the ballot.

Did his opponent get Nadered by Darwin?

No, sadly Broun would have won despite the shenanigans as he was running unopposed. Though his thumbs are still opposable.

As I am about to move to Georgia to begin a PostDoc at Emory I am frightened by this kind of person being my neighbor. But I hereby take up the challenge to bring the scientific method and reasoned argument with me in full force. I'm sure Georgia is rife with fossils for me to show them.

Watch out Georgia, here comes Tom Paine's Ghost!

No comments: