Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Apparition in Appalachia

Tom Paine's Ghost made an appearance this week in Charlotte, North Carolina. In an interview with T. DeLene Beeland of the Charlotte Observer I discuss intentions behind the blog and my recent trip to New York City.   Read the entire interview here.

While contemplating a title for this post I had a geographical epiphany.  Even though I grew up in New York State, the empire state, home of the most cosmopolitan center in the world, I actually grew up in Appalachia! I should have realized running around all the maple forests and shale gorges of Chautauqua County that this particular region of New York's "southern tier" was part of the fabled land of Daniel Boone and Davy Crockett.  Though I never did have squirrel soup growing up I will forevermore think differently whilst sipping on a southern tier.

No comments: